TALLEY COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION
Last updated: July 6, 2006
What Personal Information About Customers Does TalleyCom.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at the Site. Here are the types of information we gather:
· Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Site’s features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our Site, and communicating with you. Specifically, we give your name, shipping address, phone number, and other information to our shipping carrier. We also supply your name, billing address, and credit card information to the credit card processor who bills your account. We have strict guidelines requiring all third parties to keep any shared personal information confidential.
· Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses and navigates the Site. You can set your web browser to alert you whenever you are about to receive a “cookie” and then you can choose not to accept it. If you do so, however, you may not be able to use the Site.
· E‑mail Communications: To help us make e‑mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e‑mail from the Site if your computer supports such capabilities. You may, however, choose to optout of receiving e‑mail and future promotional communications from Talley Communications. In compliance with the 2003 Can SPAM Act, we offer the ability to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by sending us a message indicating your request to: sales@TalleyCom.com, responding via a direct opt-out link on our e‑mail communications, or by writing to us at: Talley Communications 12976 Sandoval St. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670.
· Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
You explicitly provide information via:
[New Customer Form] and with Customer or Sales Service
· To process your order, we require your name, phone number, billing address, e‑mail address, shipping address and credit card information.
· We use this information to create your Credential to use our Site and/or to process your order. If any questions arise about your order we will contact you first by e‑mail and then, if necessary, by phone.
· We share only necessary information with the third parties that are involved in the order process, such as the company that processes our credit card transactions, the financial institution that issued your credit card, the shipping carrier and Talley Communications’ customer service representatives. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e‑mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We Automatically Collect:
· Shopper ID. Upon our authorization of you as an approved user of the Site and upon your visits to the Site, we assigned you a unique Shopper ID in the form of a cookie. We use this ID to keep track of your shopping basket during your visit and to identify you as a repeat visitor.
· Internet Protocol (IP) Address. We record your IP address each time you visit the Site. Recording IP addresses helps us determine usage and traffic patterns.
Other Information We Collect:
· [Feedback Form. Should you contact us through our feedback form, we require your name and e‑mail address only to send you a reply. If you use the form to send comments about your shopping experience at the Site, we may include the comment with your name in our Customer Testimonials section.]
· [E‑mail Newsletter. Should you participate in these services we will only use the information you provide to promote the Site’s services and products. We will not share any personal information with third parties.]
Permission To Use Your Content:
By transmitting any suggestions, information, identification, material, or other content (collectively, “content’) to the Site, you automatically grant Talley Communications the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, transmit, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. Further, Talley Communications is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques and suggestions contained in any communications you send to this Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to creating, manufacturing and marketing products and/or services using such information, all without compensation to you.
Sharing With Third Parties
Information is not shared with unaffiliated third parties. We may, and you authorize us to share on a confidential basis your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and entities under common control. Such entities may not use such information for any purpose other than offering their products and services to you. They may not share your information with unaffiliated third parties.
Aside from the previously mentioned parties, we do not share your personally identifiable information with any other entities without your express permission.
Our site may include links to other websites. If you decide to follow these links, we are not responsible for the privacy policies and content of these sites. Generally, we will inform you of these links.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features. The Site uses persistent cookies to identify members after their first visit. These cookies remain on the hard drive of a personal computer and may allow a member to enter the site without having to log in on every visit. To access any secure areas such as your account information, you must still enter your password. You can choose to disable cookies by deselecting that option under your browser preferences. When you disable cookies, you can browse the Site, but you cannot access your membership information or make purchases. Disabling cookies can also interrupt audio and cause breaks in navigation. When becoming an approved user of the Site, you can choose whether or not to accept the Site’s persistent cookie.
The Site’s database tracks the traffic throughout our site. This information is used to compile overall statistics and is not recorded at an individual level. The statistics help us decide which products and services best serve our members and guests. How Secure Is Information About Me?
· Although no use of the Internet is 100% secure, we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using [Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software,] which encrypts information you input.
· [We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.] Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Which Information Can I Access?
The Site gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Talley Communications for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You cannot access the information of other users of the Site.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features of the Site.
Account Changes and Deletions:
If you created an account and would like to change your Credential, please e‑mail with your changes to sales@TalleyCom.com and include the e‑mail address with which you registered. We will send a confirmation request to that e‑mail address and after receiving your reply, will use reasonable efforts to update your Credential within 48 hours.
If you created a Credential and would like to delete it, please send an e‑mail to us at sales@TalleyCom.com and include the e‑mail address with which you registered. We will send a confirmation request to that e‑mail address and upon receiving your reply, delete your Credential. If you have any questions or comments regarding this statement, or if your inquiry has not been responded to or satisfactorily addressed, please contact sales@TalleyCom.com. We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested to remove to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
From time to time, Talley Communications or a company selected by us may offer you the opportunity to participate in customer satisfaction, Site improvement and other business-related surveys. You may be asked to provide certain membership information to participate. All surveys are optional.
Decline to Receive Information
If you do not want to receive e‑mail or other mail from us, please contact us at: .
In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy, such as its Site Seeing on the Internet publication on its own website www.FTC.gov.
[Does TalleyCom.com Participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
The Site is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site, www.export.gov/Safeharbor/index.html. If you would like to contact us directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e‑mail to sales@TalleyCom.com.]
Terms and Conditions, Notices and Revisions: